38. Promotion of social and economic well being of the people 38. The State shall—
(a) secure the well-being of the people, irrespective of sex, caste, creed or race, by raising their standard of living, by preventing the concentration of wealth and means of production and distribution in the hands of a few to the detriment of general interest and by ensuring equitable adjustment of rights between employers and employees, and landlords and tenants;
(b) provide for all citizens, within the available resources of the country, facilities for work and adequate livelihood with reasonable rest and leisure;
(c) provide for all persons employed in the service of Pakistan or otherwise, social security by compulsory social insurance or other means;
(d) provide basic necessities of life, such as food, clothing, housing, education and medical relief, for all such citizens, irrespective of sex, caste, creed or race, as are permanently or temporarily unable to earn their livelihood on account of infirmity, sickness or unemployment;
(e) reduce disparity in the income and earnings of individuals, including1persons in the various classes of the service of Pakistan; *
(f) eliminate riba as early as possible 2[; and]
1 The word ―and‖ omitted by the Constitution (Eighteenth Amdt.) Act, 2010 (10 of 2010), s. 12.
2 Subs. ibid; for the full-stop.
CONSTITUTION OF PAKISTAN
1[(g) ensure that the shares of the Provinces in all Federal services, including autonomous bodies and corporations established by, or under the control of, the Federal Government, shall be secured and any omission in the allocation of the shares of the Provinces in the past shall be rectified.]
39. Participation of people in Armed Forces
39. The State shall enable people from all parts of Pakistan to
40. Strengthening bonds with Muslim world and promoting international peace
40. The State shall endeavour to preserve and strengthen fraternal relations among Muslim countries based on Islamic unity, support the common interests of the peoples of Asia, Africa and Latin America, promote international peace and security, foster goodwill and friendly relations among all nations and encourage the settlement of international disputes by peaceful means.